Red Dead Redemption not viable on the PC hints Rockstar
Rockstar Games have all but killed any hopes that PC gamers might have had of seeing their Western epic Red Dead Redemption on PC.
In a new set of FAQs published on the Rockstar website, the publisher implied that Red Dead Redemption on PC simply wasn't viable and said almost straight out that PC gamers should be happy getting GTA, LA Noire and Max Payne 3.
The post read: "We do know that, yes, there is just one title absent from our PC release plans - that game of course being Red Dead Redemption, and of course we're well aware that some fans have been asking for it. All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) - we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms. To PC gamers, we hope that between the Grand Theft Auto titles, and the forthcoming L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, you'll have plenty of great Rockstar action to enjoy."
Quite why the 11 million selling console hit does not figure in their PC plans is a bit of a mystery but the best guess is either that there's some kind of technical issue or it would simply cost too much to port over. At least we know that Max Payne 3 is set for next year.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi