Red Dead Redemption not viable on the PC hints Rockstar
Rockstar Games have all but killed any hopes that PC gamers might have had of seeing their Western epic Red Dead Redemption on PC.
In a new set of FAQs published on the Rockstar website, the publisher implied that Red Dead Redemption on PC simply wasn't viable and said almost straight out that PC gamers should be happy getting GTA, LA Noire and Max Payne 3.
The post read: "We do know that, yes, there is just one title absent from our PC release plans - that game of course being Red Dead Redemption, and of course we're well aware that some fans have been asking for it. All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) - we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms. To PC gamers, we hope that between the Grand Theft Auto titles, and the forthcoming L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, you'll have plenty of great Rockstar action to enjoy."
Quite why the 11 million selling console hit does not figure in their PC plans is a bit of a mystery but the best guess is either that there's some kind of technical issue or it would simply cost too much to port over. At least we know that Max Payne 3 is set for next year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer