BBC finally confirmed as a video partner for Xbox Live
Microsoft has announced a list of partners that will be bringing video content to Xbox Live alongside Sky TV in the UK over the holiday season.
Most important is the inclusion of the BBC in that list as they seem to have resolved their conflicts with Microsoft over UK Xbox Live users paying for BBC content a second time to view it on their Xbox 360.
It seems the solution is that Microsoft will be offering the bulk of their new services for free including BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, AlloCin, blinkbox, Crackle, MSN with MSNBC, MUZU.TV, VEVO, Dailymotion and YouTube.
Video will also be available through Twitter, Facebook and Last.FM and LOVEFiLM will also be available on Xbox Live although it would be safe to assume that that would be available to subscribers for no extra cost.
Thanks Major Nelson.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III