Steve Jobs dies at 56
Apple has confirmed the passing of their co-founder and legendary figurehead Steve Jobs. He died on October the 5th after a long battle with cancer.
Last month Jobs stepped down as CEO of the company he tunred into the market leader after launching a stream of ground-breaking mobile devices from the iPod through the iPhone to the iPad.
The tribute on the Apple website simply reads: "Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
We would like to extend out heart-felt condolences to Steve Jobs family and friends. His contributions to the advancement of mobile technology and home computing are unmeasurable and he will be missed.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III