Steve Jobs dies at 56
Apple has confirmed the passing of their co-founder and legendary figurehead Steve Jobs. He died on October the 5th after a long battle with cancer.
Last month Jobs stepped down as CEO of the company he tunred into the market leader after launching a stream of ground-breaking mobile devices from the iPod through the iPhone to the iPad.
The tribute on the Apple website simply reads: "Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
We would like to extend out heart-felt condolences to Steve Jobs family and friends. His contributions to the advancement of mobile technology and home computing are unmeasurable and he will be missed.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny