Steve Jobs dies at 56
Apple has confirmed the passing of their co-founder and legendary figurehead Steve Jobs. He died on October the 5th after a long battle with cancer.
Last month Jobs stepped down as CEO of the company he tunred into the market leader after launching a stream of ground-breaking mobile devices from the iPod through the iPhone to the iPad.
The tribute on the Apple website simply reads: "Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
We would like to extend out heart-felt condolences to Steve Jobs family and friends. His contributions to the advancement of mobile technology and home computing are unmeasurable and he will be missed.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though