Steve Jobs dies at 56
Apple has confirmed the passing of their co-founder and legendary figurehead Steve Jobs. He died on October the 5th after a long battle with cancer.
Last month Jobs stepped down as CEO of the company he tunred into the market leader after launching a stream of ground-breaking mobile devices from the iPod through the iPhone to the iPad.
The tribute on the Apple website simply reads: "Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
We would like to extend out heart-felt condolences to Steve Jobs family and friends. His contributions to the advancement of mobile technology and home computing are unmeasurable and he will be missed.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey