Call of Duty and Saints Row in development for next-gen hardware?
News has emerged of some big titles in development for the next generation of home console hardware.
Treyarch are advertising for a senior software engineer to bring "a hugely successful game to a new console". Given that the last titles that Treyarch released that weren't Call of Duty games were way back in 2008 it is a safe bet that the game is a Call of Duty title.
The new console could very well be the Wii U or even the PS Vita but there is also the possibility that it is for the next Xbox or PlayStation. The vagueness of the job listing does seem to hint at a non-disclosure being in effect.
It has also been suggested in this month's issue of Xbox World that Saints Row 4 has been pencilled in as in development for the Xbox 720.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like