Call of Duty and Saints Row in development for next-gen hardware?
News has emerged of some big titles in development for the next generation of home console hardware.
Treyarch are advertising for a senior software engineer to bring "a hugely successful game to a new console". Given that the last titles that Treyarch released that weren't Call of Duty games were way back in 2008 it is a safe bet that the game is a Call of Duty title.
The new console could very well be the Wii U or even the PS Vita but there is also the possibility that it is for the next Xbox or PlayStation. The vagueness of the job listing does seem to hint at a non-disclosure being in effect.
It has also been suggested in this month's issue of Xbox World that Saints Row 4 has been pencilled in as in development for the Xbox 720.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3