Apple reveals their new iPhone 4S
Apple has revealed their next gambit the the smartphone market and it's not the next generation of iPhone.
This time Apple has decided to release a refinement of the iPhone 4, named the iPhone 4S, improving on the solid of the original handset and offering it at a more competitive price.
While the shape and Retina display remain the same, the 4S includes greatly improved battery life, antennae switching, an 8 mega-pixel camera which supports 1080p video recording and facial recognition and all of this is powered by the dual-core A5 processor from the iPad 2.
Apple also announced iOS 5 which supports wireless software updates, cloud saving and more removing the need for the USB cable for anything other than charging the handset.
The iPhone 4S will launch on October the 14th in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB models in both black and white. RRP for the devices is coming in at 199 USD, 299 USD and 399 USD respectively.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title