Sony confirms PSN passes for all online multiplayer titles
Sony Computer Entertainment of America has confirmed that all of their future titles with online gaming components will feature an online pass.
Sony began their own online pass scheme this year with the release of Resistance 3. Uncharted 3 will also feature an online pass when it arrives in November.
The Japanese platform holder has adopted the online pass system after the success EA has seen especially with their EA Sports range of titles. THQ and Codemasters also employ their own variants of the online pass scheme.
"Online Pass will be incorporated into Uncharted 3 and future Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) games with online functionality. We will provide further information in the future," Sony said in a statement.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year