Kinect could tell how old you are?
Patents have emerged of technology that could allow Kinect to tell the age of users and block younger gamers from accessing unsuitable content.
The way the technology works is to estimate the age of any given user by measuring their bodily proportions.
The measurements include head and shoulder width, torso length and overall height but there is also the possibility of an override for smaller adults.
The technology could automatically restrict access to TV shows, films and games based on the perceived age of the user.
Thanks Geek Wire.
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One