Kinect could tell how old you are?
Patents have emerged of technology that could allow Kinect to tell the age of users and block younger gamers from accessing unsuitable content.
The way the technology works is to estimate the age of any given user by measuring their bodily proportions.
The measurements include head and shoulder width, torso length and overall height but there is also the possibility of an override for smaller adults.
The technology could automatically restrict access to TV shows, films and games based on the perceived age of the user.
Thanks Geek Wire.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year