Kinect could tell how old you are?
Patents have emerged of technology that could allow Kinect to tell the age of users and block younger gamers from accessing unsuitable content.
The way the technology works is to estimate the age of any given user by measuring their bodily proportions.
The measurements include head and shoulder width, torso length and overall height but there is also the possibility of an override for smaller adults.
The technology could automatically restrict access to TV shows, films and games based on the perceived age of the user.
Thanks Geek Wire.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3