Kinect could tell how old you are?
Patents have emerged of technology that could allow Kinect to tell the age of users and block younger gamers from accessing unsuitable content.
The way the technology works is to estimate the age of any given user by measuring their bodily proportions.
The measurements include head and shoulder width, torso length and overall height but there is also the possibility of an override for smaller adults.
The technology could automatically restrict access to TV shows, films and games based on the perceived age of the user.
Thanks Geek Wire.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter