Kinect could tell how old you are?
Patents have emerged of technology that could allow Kinect to tell the age of users and block younger gamers from accessing unsuitable content.
The way the technology works is to estimate the age of any given user by measuring their bodily proportions.
The measurements include head and shoulder width, torso length and overall height but there is also the possibility of an override for smaller adults.
The technology could automatically restrict access to TV shows, films and games based on the perceived age of the user.
Thanks Geek Wire.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light