Another Mortal Kombat movie in the works
New Line Cinema has confirmed yet another Mortal Kombat film being readied the back of the successful reboot of the series earlier this year.
The new film will be directed by Kevin Tancharoen who created a short film based on the Mortal Kombat series that became a hit on the internet.
Warner Home Entertainment president Kevin Tsujihara said: "It's really important that we show we can bring our game properties to movies instead of just the other way around. The new game and the online shorts prompted us to consider a reboot of a brand we hadn't been actively thinking about."
The new film is due out some time next year and is believed to cost less than 100 million USD.
Thanks Los Angeles Times.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May