Another Mortal Kombat movie in the works
New Line Cinema has confirmed yet another Mortal Kombat film being readied the back of the successful reboot of the series earlier this year.
The new film will be directed by Kevin Tancharoen who created a short film based on the Mortal Kombat series that became a hit on the internet.
Warner Home Entertainment president Kevin Tsujihara said: "It's really important that we show we can bring our game properties to movies instead of just the other way around. The new game and the online shorts prompted us to consider a reboot of a brand we hadn't been actively thinking about."
The new film is due out some time next year and is believed to cost less than 100 million USD.
Thanks Los Angeles Times.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer