Gears of War 3 shifts 3 million copies in the first week
Microsoft has announced that the conclusion to the Gears of War trilogy has broken an impressive sales landmark within its first week of release.
Gears of War 3 has sold 3 million copies worldwide taking the series through the 1 billion USD mark since the first game was released in 2006.
Microsoft's Phil Spencer said: "Gears of War was the first killer app for Xbox 360, and the series has continued to contribute directly to the overall success of the platform ever since. Gears of War 3 kicked off the biggest Christmas period in Xbox history, setting the standard for the kind of amazing, action-packed experiences gamers should expect on Xbox 360 this year."
Epic's latest release has already been hailed as the biggest launch of 2011 so far and has scored exceptionally highly with the critics. We gave it a healthy 96 percent when we reviewed it.
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below