Gears of War 3 shifts 3 million copies in the first week
Microsoft has announced that the conclusion to the Gears of War trilogy has broken an impressive sales landmark within its first week of release.
Gears of War 3 has sold 3 million copies worldwide taking the series through the 1 billion USD mark since the first game was released in 2006.
Microsoft's Phil Spencer said: "Gears of War was the first killer app for Xbox 360, and the series has continued to contribute directly to the overall success of the platform ever since. Gears of War 3 kicked off the biggest Christmas period in Xbox history, setting the standard for the kind of amazing, action-packed experiences gamers should expect on Xbox 360 this year."
Epic's latest release has already been hailed as the biggest launch of 2011 so far and has scored exceptionally highly with the critics. We gave it a healthy 96 percent when we reviewed it.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release