Gears of War 3 shifts 3 million copies in the first week
Microsoft has announced that the conclusion to the Gears of War trilogy has broken an impressive sales landmark within its first week of release.
Gears of War 3 has sold 3 million copies worldwide taking the series through the 1 billion USD mark since the first game was released in 2006.
Microsoft's Phil Spencer said: "Gears of War was the first killer app for Xbox 360, and the series has continued to contribute directly to the overall success of the platform ever since. Gears of War 3 kicked off the biggest Christmas period in Xbox history, setting the standard for the kind of amazing, action-packed experiences gamers should expect on Xbox 360 this year."
Epic's latest release has already been hailed as the biggest launch of 2011 so far and has scored exceptionally highly with the critics. We gave it a healthy 96 percent when we reviewed it.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching