Gears of War 3 shifts 3 million copies in the first week
Microsoft has announced that the conclusion to the Gears of War trilogy has broken an impressive sales landmark within its first week of release.
Gears of War 3 has sold 3 million copies worldwide taking the series through the 1 billion USD mark since the first game was released in 2006.
Microsoft's Phil Spencer said: "Gears of War was the first killer app for Xbox 360, and the series has continued to contribute directly to the overall success of the platform ever since. Gears of War 3 kicked off the biggest Christmas period in Xbox history, setting the standard for the kind of amazing, action-packed experiences gamers should expect on Xbox 360 this year."
Epic's latest release has already been hailed as the biggest launch of 2011 so far and has scored exceptionally highly with the critics. We gave it a healthy 96 percent when we reviewed it.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week