Gears of War 3 shifts 3 million copies in the first week
Microsoft has announced that the conclusion to the Gears of War trilogy has broken an impressive sales landmark within its first week of release.
Gears of War 3 has sold 3 million copies worldwide taking the series through the 1 billion USD mark since the first game was released in 2006.
Microsoft's Phil Spencer said: "Gears of War was the first killer app for Xbox 360, and the series has continued to contribute directly to the overall success of the platform ever since. Gears of War 3 kicked off the biggest Christmas period in Xbox history, setting the standard for the kind of amazing, action-packed experiences gamers should expect on Xbox 360 this year."
Epic's latest release has already been hailed as the biggest launch of 2011 so far and has scored exceptionally highly with the critics. We gave it a healthy 96 percent when we reviewed it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer