Rage is a 3-disc whopper on the 360
Id's latest creation, Rage is set to be a big one in actual size with the Xbox 360 version appearing on three DVDs with the single player game occupying the first two discs and the multiplayer appearing on the third.
Creative director at id, Tim Willits confirmed the size of the game saying that the full install of the 360 version would eat up 22 GB of hard disc space. He also confirmed that the PS3 version would have a mandatory install of 8 GB.
Willits said: "Kudos to Sony for letting us do that. They don't allow every game to do that. So definitely, hats off. What we were able to do is install all the textures to the highest level. What is nice about the PS3 platform is that it's just one platform. Everyone has one Blu-ray drive, one hard drive, it's all the same. Some of the other systems you have... should I install it on my 360? Should I not install it? So yes, it's very nice."
He added on the Xbox version: "Three discs. We recommend installing the game to the hard drive, but you don't need to install all three discs. If you don't have the space available on your hard drive, don't stress. Install the first disc, the first chapter, the first half of the game, then when you're done, uninstall and install disc two."
Thanks Digital Foundry.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015