Rage is a 3-disc whopper on the 360
Id's latest creation, Rage is set to be a big one in actual size with the Xbox 360 version appearing on three DVDs with the single player game occupying the first two discs and the multiplayer appearing on the third.
Creative director at id, Tim Willits confirmed the size of the game saying that the full install of the 360 version would eat up 22 GB of hard disc space. He also confirmed that the PS3 version would have a mandatory install of 8 GB.
Willits said: "Kudos to Sony for letting us do that. They don't allow every game to do that. So definitely, hats off. What we were able to do is install all the textures to the highest level. What is nice about the PS3 platform is that it's just one platform. Everyone has one Blu-ray drive, one hard drive, it's all the same. Some of the other systems you have... should I install it on my 360? Should I not install it? So yes, it's very nice."
He added on the Xbox version: "Three discs. We recommend installing the game to the hard drive, but you don't need to install all three discs. If you don't have the space available on your hard drive, don't stress. Install the first disc, the first chapter, the first half of the game, then when you're done, uninstall and install disc two."
Thanks Digital Foundry.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone