Dead Island to become a movie courtesy of Lionsgate
Lionsgate has picked up the rights to make a movie based on Techland's zombie paradise Dead Island.
The teaser trailer showing the desperate plight of one family fighting for their lives on the zombie infested tropical paradise of Banoi in reverse has sparked the imagination of the Hollywood production company.
Lionsgate COO Joe Drake said: Like the hundreds of journalists and millions of fans who were so passionate and vocal about the Dead Island trailer, we too were awestruck. This is exactly the type of property were looking to adapt at Lionsgate its sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential.
There are already two producers attached to the project, Sean Daniel who has worked on films like The Mummy and Tombstone and Steffen Sonnenfeld whose post-production techniques have been used by directors like JJ Abrams and Gore Verbinski.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015