Dead Island to become a movie courtesy of Lionsgate
Lionsgate has picked up the rights to make a movie based on Techland's zombie paradise Dead Island.
The teaser trailer showing the desperate plight of one family fighting for their lives on the zombie infested tropical paradise of Banoi in reverse has sparked the imagination of the Hollywood production company.
Lionsgate COO Joe Drake said: Like the hundreds of journalists and millions of fans who were so passionate and vocal about the Dead Island trailer, we too were awestruck. This is exactly the type of property were looking to adapt at Lionsgate its sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential.
There are already two producers attached to the project, Sean Daniel who has worked on films like The Mummy and Tombstone and Steffen Sonnenfeld whose post-production techniques have been used by directors like JJ Abrams and Gore Verbinski.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year