Dead Island to become a movie courtesy of Lionsgate
Lionsgate has picked up the rights to make a movie based on Techland's zombie paradise Dead Island.
The teaser trailer showing the desperate plight of one family fighting for their lives on the zombie infested tropical paradise of Banoi in reverse has sparked the imagination of the Hollywood production company.
Lionsgate COO Joe Drake said: Like the hundreds of journalists and millions of fans who were so passionate and vocal about the Dead Island trailer, we too were awestruck. This is exactly the type of property were looking to adapt at Lionsgate its sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential.
There are already two producers attached to the project, Sean Daniel who has worked on films like The Mummy and Tombstone and Steffen Sonnenfeld whose post-production techniques have been used by directors like JJ Abrams and Gore Verbinski.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side