Dead Island to become a movie courtesy of Lionsgate
Lionsgate has picked up the rights to make a movie based on Techland's zombie paradise Dead Island.
The teaser trailer showing the desperate plight of one family fighting for their lives on the zombie infested tropical paradise of Banoi in reverse has sparked the imagination of the Hollywood production company.
Lionsgate COO Joe Drake said: Like the hundreds of journalists and millions of fans who were so passionate and vocal about the Dead Island trailer, we too were awestruck. This is exactly the type of property were looking to adapt at Lionsgate its sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential.
There are already two producers attached to the project, Sean Daniel who has worked on films like The Mummy and Tombstone and Steffen Sonnenfeld whose post-production techniques have been used by directors like JJ Abrams and Gore Verbinski.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer