Dead Island to become a movie courtesy of Lionsgate
Lionsgate has picked up the rights to make a movie based on Techland's zombie paradise Dead Island.
The teaser trailer showing the desperate plight of one family fighting for their lives on the zombie infested tropical paradise of Banoi in reverse has sparked the imagination of the Hollywood production company.
Lionsgate COO Joe Drake said: Like the hundreds of journalists and millions of fans who were so passionate and vocal about the Dead Island trailer, we too were awestruck. This is exactly the type of property were looking to adapt at Lionsgate its sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential.
There are already two producers attached to the project, Sean Daniel who has worked on films like The Mummy and Tombstone and Steffen Sonnenfeld whose post-production techniques have been used by directors like JJ Abrams and Gore Verbinski.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan