Sony reveal F1 2004
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE to you and me), today confirmed that the official FIA Formula One racing licence will be sticking with the PS2 for another year, and in so doing also confirmed that Formula One 04 will be released on the PS2 this June, and as well as supporting up to four players, also boasts brand new F1 tracks in Bahrain and Shanghai. All the official drivers and teams will of course be present as usual.
Developed by SCEE's Liverpool studio, Formula One 04 promises four new levels of difficulty allowing players to select gameplay ranging between near-simulation and arcade. New online features will also be incorporated by the developers, giving players the option to compete via time trial or race using ghost cars. The career mode will also offer would-be drivers the chance to see their own name on the podium.
"Our ongoing relationship with Formula One Administration Limited enables us to provide FORMULA ONE enthusiasts with an authentic recreation of their favourite sport on PlayStation 2", gushed SCEE Pres David Reeves. "FORMULA ONE 04 delivers the realism that fans have come to expect in an easy to play yet challenging to master experience that appeals to gamers and FORMULA ONE aficionados alike".
We'll bring you more on this as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year