Sony reveal F1 2004
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE to you and me), today confirmed that the official FIA Formula One racing licence will be sticking with the PS2 for another year, and in so doing also confirmed that Formula One 04 will be released on the PS2 this June, and as well as supporting up to four players, also boasts brand new F1 tracks in Bahrain and Shanghai. All the official drivers and teams will of course be present as usual.
Developed by SCEE's Liverpool studio, Formula One 04 promises four new levels of difficulty allowing players to select gameplay ranging between near-simulation and arcade. New online features will also be incorporated by the developers, giving players the option to compete via time trial or race using ghost cars. The career mode will also offer would-be drivers the chance to see their own name on the podium.
"Our ongoing relationship with Formula One Administration Limited enables us to provide FORMULA ONE enthusiasts with an authentic recreation of their favourite sport on PlayStation 2", gushed SCEE Pres David Reeves. "FORMULA ONE 04 delivers the realism that fans have come to expect in an easy to play yet challenging to master experience that appeals to gamers and FORMULA ONE aficionados alike".
We'll bring you more on this as we get it.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes