Gears of War 3 becomes the biggest launch of 2011 so far
The finale of Epic's hit 360 shooter series Gears of War has shot to the top of the sales charts to become the biggest launch of 2011 so far.
Gears of War 3 pushed Techland's sell-out zombie survival title Dead Island off the top of the charts and fended off a tight challenge from F1 2011 as well to top the UK multipformat charts.
F1 2011 came in a close second with Dead Island slipping all the way down to third, possibly due in part to the scarcity of copies of the game at retail now.
Zumba Fitness jumped back up to fourth from last week's sixth place with Deus Ex: Human Revolution holding firm in fifth.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch