Gears of War 3 becomes the biggest launch of 2011 so far
The finale of Epic's hit 360 shooter series Gears of War has shot to the top of the sales charts to become the biggest launch of 2011 so far.
Gears of War 3 pushed Techland's sell-out zombie survival title Dead Island off the top of the charts and fended off a tight challenge from F1 2011 as well to top the UK multipformat charts.
F1 2011 came in a close second with Dead Island slipping all the way down to third, possibly due in part to the scarcity of copies of the game at retail now.
Zumba Fitness jumped back up to fourth from last week's sixth place with Deus Ex: Human Revolution holding firm in fifth.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone