Gears of War 3 becomes the biggest launch of 2011 so far
The finale of Epic's hit 360 shooter series Gears of War has shot to the top of the sales charts to become the biggest launch of 2011 so far.
Gears of War 3 pushed Techland's sell-out zombie survival title Dead Island off the top of the charts and fended off a tight challenge from F1 2011 as well to top the UK multipformat charts.
F1 2011 came in a close second with Dead Island slipping all the way down to third, possibly due in part to the scarcity of copies of the game at retail now.
Zumba Fitness jumped back up to fourth from last week's sixth place with Deus Ex: Human Revolution holding firm in fifth.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title