Gears of War 3 becomes the biggest launch of 2011 so far
The finale of Epic's hit 360 shooter series Gears of War has shot to the top of the sales charts to become the biggest launch of 2011 so far.
Gears of War 3 pushed Techland's sell-out zombie survival title Dead Island off the top of the charts and fended off a tight challenge from F1 2011 as well to top the UK multipformat charts.
F1 2011 came in a close second with Dead Island slipping all the way down to third, possibly due in part to the scarcity of copies of the game at retail now.
Zumba Fitness jumped back up to fourth from last week's sixth place with Deus Ex: Human Revolution holding firm in fifth.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3