Blizzard announces Diablo III will arrive at the beginning of 2012
Blizzard has finally committed to a release window for their eagerly awaited dungeon crawler Diablo III.
Diablo III is now confirmed for release some time early in 2012, just missing out on the holiday release Blizzard had hoped for.
Mike Morhaime, president of Blizzard, said: "With every game we make, the temptation is always very strong to launch as soon as possible. However, we didn't put so many years of work into Diablo III to release a game that was almost ready."
He added: "The beta test is going very well, and we look forward to making the most of the extra time we're taking to deliver an experience that lives up to our vision for the game and the expectations of our players. Next year is going to be an incredibly busy one for Blizzard, and we hope an incredibly fun one for Blizzard gamers."
Anyone with a Battle.net account can still get in on the action for the beta test by logging on to their account and opting in for the test phase.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015