Blizzard announces Diablo III will arrive at the beginning of 2012
Blizzard has finally committed to a release window for their eagerly awaited dungeon crawler Diablo III.
Diablo III is now confirmed for release some time early in 2012, just missing out on the holiday release Blizzard had hoped for.
Mike Morhaime, president of Blizzard, said: "With every game we make, the temptation is always very strong to launch as soon as possible. However, we didn't put so many years of work into Diablo III to release a game that was almost ready."
He added: "The beta test is going very well, and we look forward to making the most of the extra time we're taking to deliver an experience that lives up to our vision for the game and the expectations of our players. Next year is going to be an incredibly busy one for Blizzard, and we hope an incredibly fun one for Blizzard gamers."
Anyone with a Battle.net account can still get in on the action for the beta test by logging on to their account and opting in for the test phase.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO