Battlefield 3 DLC to come to PS3 first
EA DICE has announced that they have forged and agreement with Sony to launch the DLC for Battlefield 3 on the PS3 first.
DICE's Tommy Rydling revealed that PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to pick up the Back to Karkand DLC pack a week earlier than Xbox 360 gamers.
He said: "But that's not all for our PlayStation fans! Youll be happy to know that beginning with our first expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand (to be released later this year), all full-blown upcoming expansion packs for the game will appear one week early exclusively on PS3, brought to you by Sony!"
"As you may or may not have heard, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand is a themed expansion pack containing four of the most loved maps from Battlefield 2, boldly reimagined in the Frostbite 2 engine. It also features new weapons and vehicles, unique in-game dog tags, new persistence, as well as new Trophies," added Rydling.
Battlefield 3 is out on PS3, PC and Xbox 360 on October the 25th in North America and October the 28th in Europe with the PS3 version featuring a free copy of Battlefield 1943.
Thanks PlayStation Blog.
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront