Battlefield 3 DLC to come to PS3 first
EA DICE has announced that they have forged and agreement with Sony to launch the DLC for Battlefield 3 on the PS3 first.
DICE's Tommy Rydling revealed that PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to pick up the Back to Karkand DLC pack a week earlier than Xbox 360 gamers.
He said: "But that's not all for our PlayStation fans! Youll be happy to know that beginning with our first expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand (to be released later this year), all full-blown upcoming expansion packs for the game will appear one week early exclusively on PS3, brought to you by Sony!"
"As you may or may not have heard, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand is a themed expansion pack containing four of the most loved maps from Battlefield 2, boldly reimagined in the Frostbite 2 engine. It also features new weapons and vehicles, unique in-game dog tags, new persistence, as well as new Trophies," added Rydling.
Battlefield 3 is out on PS3, PC and Xbox 360 on October the 25th in North America and October the 28th in Europe with the PS3 version featuring a free copy of Battlefield 1943.
Thanks PlayStation Blog.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer