Battlefield 3 DLC to come to PS3 first
EA DICE has announced that they have forged and agreement with Sony to launch the DLC for Battlefield 3 on the PS3 first.
DICE's Tommy Rydling revealed that PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to pick up the Back to Karkand DLC pack a week earlier than Xbox 360 gamers.
He said: "But that's not all for our PlayStation fans! Youll be happy to know that beginning with our first expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand (to be released later this year), all full-blown upcoming expansion packs for the game will appear one week early exclusively on PS3, brought to you by Sony!"
"As you may or may not have heard, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand is a themed expansion pack containing four of the most loved maps from Battlefield 2, boldly reimagined in the Frostbite 2 engine. It also features new weapons and vehicles, unique in-game dog tags, new persistence, as well as new Trophies," added Rydling.
Battlefield 3 is out on PS3, PC and Xbox 360 on October the 25th in North America and October the 28th in Europe with the PS3 version featuring a free copy of Battlefield 1943.
Thanks PlayStation Blog.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One