Battlefield 3 DLC to come to PS3 first
EA DICE has announced that they have forged and agreement with Sony to launch the DLC for Battlefield 3 on the PS3 first.
DICE's Tommy Rydling revealed that PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to pick up the Back to Karkand DLC pack a week earlier than Xbox 360 gamers.
He said: "But that's not all for our PlayStation fans! Youll be happy to know that beginning with our first expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand (to be released later this year), all full-blown upcoming expansion packs for the game will appear one week early exclusively on PS3, brought to you by Sony!"
"As you may or may not have heard, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand is a themed expansion pack containing four of the most loved maps from Battlefield 2, boldly reimagined in the Frostbite 2 engine. It also features new weapons and vehicles, unique in-game dog tags, new persistence, as well as new Trophies," added Rydling.
Battlefield 3 is out on PS3, PC and Xbox 360 on October the 25th in North America and October the 28th in Europe with the PS3 version featuring a free copy of Battlefield 1943.
Thanks PlayStation Blog.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title