Explore the history of rhythm gaming with Music Games Rock
Monday sees the launch of a new book detailing the history of the music games genre, Music Games Rock: Rhythm Gaming's Greatest Hits of All Time.
The book, penned by Techsavvy's Scott Steinberg, charts the rise of rhythm games and how they have played their part in the evolution of the way we experience music.
Music Games Rock also features a foreword from Alex Rigopulos, co-founder of Harmonix and one of the men behind Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
As well as giving a complete history and timeline of the music game genre, it also features a breakdown of some of the best, worst and weirdest examples of rhythm games along with a host of insider tips and trivia.
Music Games Rock launches for free on Monday from musicgamesrock.com. The book will also be available on Kindle and the iBook store.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May