Explore the history of rhythm gaming with Music Games Rock
Monday sees the launch of a new book detailing the history of the music games genre, Music Games Rock: Rhythm Gaming's Greatest Hits of All Time.
The book, penned by Techsavvy's Scott Steinberg, charts the rise of rhythm games and how they have played their part in the evolution of the way we experience music.
Music Games Rock also features a foreword from Alex Rigopulos, co-founder of Harmonix and one of the men behind Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
As well as giving a complete history and timeline of the music game genre, it also features a breakdown of some of the best, worst and weirdest examples of rhythm games along with a host of insider tips and trivia.
Music Games Rock launches for free on Monday from musicgamesrock.com. The book will also be available on Kindle and the iBook store.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side