Explore the history of rhythm gaming with Music Games Rock
Monday sees the launch of a new book detailing the history of the music games genre, Music Games Rock: Rhythm Gaming's Greatest Hits of All Time.
The book, penned by Techsavvy's Scott Steinberg, charts the rise of rhythm games and how they have played their part in the evolution of the way we experience music.
Music Games Rock also features a foreword from Alex Rigopulos, co-founder of Harmonix and one of the men behind Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
As well as giving a complete history and timeline of the music game genre, it also features a breakdown of some of the best, worst and weirdest examples of rhythm games along with a host of insider tips and trivia.
Music Games Rock launches for free on Monday from musicgamesrock.com. The book will also be available on Kindle and the iBook store.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer