Explore the history of rhythm gaming with Music Games Rock
Monday sees the launch of a new book detailing the history of the music games genre, Music Games Rock: Rhythm Gaming's Greatest Hits of All Time.
The book, penned by Techsavvy's Scott Steinberg, charts the rise of rhythm games and how they have played their part in the evolution of the way we experience music.
Music Games Rock also features a foreword from Alex Rigopulos, co-founder of Harmonix and one of the men behind Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
As well as giving a complete history and timeline of the music game genre, it also features a breakdown of some of the best, worst and weirdest examples of rhythm games along with a host of insider tips and trivia.
Music Games Rock launches for free on Monday from musicgamesrock.com. The book will also be available on Kindle and the iBook store.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue