Explore the history of rhythm gaming with Music Games Rock
Monday sees the launch of a new book detailing the history of the music games genre, Music Games Rock: Rhythm Gaming's Greatest Hits of All Time.
The book, penned by Techsavvy's Scott Steinberg, charts the rise of rhythm games and how they have played their part in the evolution of the way we experience music.
Music Games Rock also features a foreword from Alex Rigopulos, co-founder of Harmonix and one of the men behind Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
As well as giving a complete history and timeline of the music game genre, it also features a breakdown of some of the best, worst and weirdest examples of rhythm games along with a host of insider tips and trivia.
Music Games Rock launches for free on Monday from musicgamesrock.com. The book will also be available on Kindle and the iBook store.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell