No new Unreal titles in development at the moment
Epic president Mike Capps has disappointed many FPS fans by saying that they are not working on any Unreal titles at the moment although they do have five new games in the pipeline.
Unreal and Unreal Tournament have both played a massive part in Epic's rise to prominence cementing their prowess in game engine development and influencing a much of what we experience in online multiplayer today.
Capps told Forbes: "Unreal and Unreal Tournament continue to have a huge influence on the studio here, even though we're not currently working on an Unreal IP project. Epic's core game making philosophy of 'when everyone says it's done, keep polishing!' came from our experiences with Unreal Tournament. That's the beginning of our quality-focused studio DNA."
With Unreal and Unreal Tournament ruled out surely this means that they're working on a massive new Jazz Jackrabbit game, right? We can only hope...
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3