No new Unreal titles in development at the moment
Epic president Mike Capps has disappointed many FPS fans by saying that they are not working on any Unreal titles at the moment although they do have five new games in the pipeline.
Unreal and Unreal Tournament have both played a massive part in Epic's rise to prominence cementing their prowess in game engine development and influencing a much of what we experience in online multiplayer today.
Capps told Forbes: "Unreal and Unreal Tournament continue to have a huge influence on the studio here, even though we're not currently working on an Unreal IP project. Epic's core game making philosophy of 'when everyone says it's done, keep polishing!' came from our experiences with Unreal Tournament. That's the beginning of our quality-focused studio DNA."
With Unreal and Unreal Tournament ruled out surely this means that they're working on a massive new Jazz Jackrabbit game, right? We can only hope...
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today