No new Unreal titles in development at the moment
Epic president Mike Capps has disappointed many FPS fans by saying that they are not working on any Unreal titles at the moment although they do have five new games in the pipeline.
Unreal and Unreal Tournament have both played a massive part in Epic's rise to prominence cementing their prowess in game engine development and influencing a much of what we experience in online multiplayer today.
Capps told Forbes: "Unreal and Unreal Tournament continue to have a huge influence on the studio here, even though we're not currently working on an Unreal IP project. Epic's core game making philosophy of 'when everyone says it's done, keep polishing!' came from our experiences with Unreal Tournament. That's the beginning of our quality-focused studio DNA."
With Unreal and Unreal Tournament ruled out surely this means that they're working on a massive new Jazz Jackrabbit game, right? We can only hope...
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave