No new Unreal titles in development at the moment
Epic president Mike Capps has disappointed many FPS fans by saying that they are not working on any Unreal titles at the moment although they do have five new games in the pipeline.
Unreal and Unreal Tournament have both played a massive part in Epic's rise to prominence cementing their prowess in game engine development and influencing a much of what we experience in online multiplayer today.
Capps told Forbes: "Unreal and Unreal Tournament continue to have a huge influence on the studio here, even though we're not currently working on an Unreal IP project. Epic's core game making philosophy of 'when everyone says it's done, keep polishing!' came from our experiences with Unreal Tournament. That's the beginning of our quality-focused studio DNA."
With Unreal and Unreal Tournament ruled out surely this means that they're working on a massive new Jazz Jackrabbit game, right? We can only hope...
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games