No new Unreal titles in development at the moment
Epic president Mike Capps has disappointed many FPS fans by saying that they are not working on any Unreal titles at the moment although they do have five new games in the pipeline.
Unreal and Unreal Tournament have both played a massive part in Epic's rise to prominence cementing their prowess in game engine development and influencing a much of what we experience in online multiplayer today.
Capps told Forbes: "Unreal and Unreal Tournament continue to have a huge influence on the studio here, even though we're not currently working on an Unreal IP project. Epic's core game making philosophy of 'when everyone says it's done, keep polishing!' came from our experiences with Unreal Tournament. That's the beginning of our quality-focused studio DNA."
With Unreal and Unreal Tournament ruled out surely this means that they're working on a massive new Jazz Jackrabbit game, right? We can only hope...
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit