THQ partners up with Crytek on Homefront 2
THQ has signed up Crytek UK to handle the development duties on Homefront 2 after they closed Kaos Studio, the New York-based creators of the first game.
Crytek UK, the studio formerly known as TimeSplitters developer Free Radical will be putting CryEngine 3 to good use in the creation of Homefront 2.Core games boss at THQ, Danny Bilson said: "Selecting Crytek to take Homefront forward underscores our strategy of working with the industry's best talent,. Homefront's unique setting and storyline captivated gamers the world over. With Crytek's industry leading technology and legendary experience in the FPS genre, we're supremely confident that the next Homefront will deliver that triple-A-quality experience that players demand."
"We see Homefront as a really strong universe that has a lot of potential and that has been expertly created and marketed by THQ," added Crytek boss Cevat Yerli. "We believe that bringing our level of quality, creativity and production values to the next Homefront title, creates an opportunity for both THQ and Crytek to deliver a truly blockbuster game. It's really important to us that THQ has the faith in giving us a lot of creative freedom over one of its most important properties to allow us to bring the Homefront world to life in a new and innovative way."
Homefront 2 is slated for release in 2014.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat