THQ partners up with Crytek on Homefront 2
THQ has signed up Crytek UK to handle the development duties on Homefront 2 after they closed Kaos Studio, the New York-based creators of the first game.
Crytek UK, the studio formerly known as TimeSplitters developer Free Radical will be putting CryEngine 3 to good use in the creation of Homefront 2.Core games boss at THQ, Danny Bilson said: "Selecting Crytek to take Homefront forward underscores our strategy of working with the industry's best talent,. Homefront's unique setting and storyline captivated gamers the world over. With Crytek's industry leading technology and legendary experience in the FPS genre, we're supremely confident that the next Homefront will deliver that triple-A-quality experience that players demand."
"We see Homefront as a really strong universe that has a lot of potential and that has been expertly created and marketed by THQ," added Crytek boss Cevat Yerli. "We believe that bringing our level of quality, creativity and production values to the next Homefront title, creates an opportunity for both THQ and Crytek to deliver a truly blockbuster game. It's really important to us that THQ has the faith in giving us a lot of creative freedom over one of its most important properties to allow us to bring the Homefront world to life in a new and innovative way."
Homefront 2 is slated for release in 2014.
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3
- Dontnod's episodic mystery Life Is Strange gets are release date
- Storm Island DLC arrives for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One
- GTA Online Heists update gets a new trailer and a release window
- Valve pulls controversial mass murder game Hatred from Steam Greenlight
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Patch 4 delayed so Ubisoft can “refurbish Paris”
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer