Diablo III to use PayPal
Blizzard has announced that they will be partnering in PayPal for carrying out transactions in Diablo III.
As well as providing a secure framework for carrying out transactions within their forthcoming dungeon crawler it will also become a permanent payment option on Battle.net as well.
PayPal's Carey Kojala said: "Gamers want to focus on gaming and prefer an in-game payments solution that's convenient, easy and secure. Last month we told you that our research has shown that over 70 per cent of gamers are PayPal users, and we believe that's because we understand that central principle."
Paypal will allow for transactions between Diablo III players in the game's cash-based item auction houses. There will also be gold-based auction houses for those who don't fancy using their real cash to pay for virtual goods in game.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light