Diablo III to use PayPal
Blizzard has announced that they will be partnering in PayPal for carrying out transactions in Diablo III.
As well as providing a secure framework for carrying out transactions within their forthcoming dungeon crawler it will also become a permanent payment option on Battle.net as well.
PayPal's Carey Kojala said: "Gamers want to focus on gaming and prefer an in-game payments solution that's convenient, easy and secure. Last month we told you that our research has shown that over 70 per cent of gamers are PayPal users, and we believe that's because we understand that central principle."
Paypal will allow for transactions between Diablo III players in the game's cash-based item auction houses. There will also be gold-based auction houses for those who don't fancy using their real cash to pay for virtual goods in game.
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game