Diablo III to use PayPal
Blizzard has announced that they will be partnering in PayPal for carrying out transactions in Diablo III.
As well as providing a secure framework for carrying out transactions within their forthcoming dungeon crawler it will also become a permanent payment option on Battle.net as well.
PayPal's Carey Kojala said: "Gamers want to focus on gaming and prefer an in-game payments solution that's convenient, easy and secure. Last month we told you that our research has shown that over 70 per cent of gamers are PayPal users, and we believe that's because we understand that central principle."
Paypal will allow for transactions between Diablo III players in the game's cash-based item auction houses. There will also be gold-based auction houses for those who don't fancy using their real cash to pay for virtual goods in game.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year