Diablo III to use PayPal
Blizzard has announced that they will be partnering in PayPal for carrying out transactions in Diablo III.
As well as providing a secure framework for carrying out transactions within their forthcoming dungeon crawler it will also become a permanent payment option on Battle.net as well.
PayPal's Carey Kojala said: "Gamers want to focus on gaming and prefer an in-game payments solution that's convenient, easy and secure. Last month we told you that our research has shown that over 70 per cent of gamers are PayPal users, and we believe that's because we understand that central principle."
Paypal will allow for transactions between Diablo III players in the game's cash-based item auction houses. There will also be gold-based auction houses for those who don't fancy using their real cash to pay for virtual goods in game.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III