Diablo III to use PayPal
Blizzard has announced that they will be partnering in PayPal for carrying out transactions in Diablo III.
As well as providing a secure framework for carrying out transactions within their forthcoming dungeon crawler it will also become a permanent payment option on Battle.net as well.
PayPal's Carey Kojala said: "Gamers want to focus on gaming and prefer an in-game payments solution that's convenient, easy and secure. Last month we told you that our research has shown that over 70 per cent of gamers are PayPal users, and we believe that's because we understand that central principle."
Paypal will allow for transactions between Diablo III players in the game's cash-based item auction houses. There will also be gold-based auction houses for those who don't fancy using their real cash to pay for virtual goods in game.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year