Dead Space 2 voted the scariest game on the Xbox 360
A study conducted by Vertical Slice has crowned Visceral's Dead Space 2 as the scariest game on the Xbox 360 and yielded some interesting bits of information about scary games.
Most would agree that Dead Space 2 is indeed the scariest game around at the moment the study also highlighted some interesting insights into what makes a game scary.
One of the most curious bits of information offered up by the study found that the threat of combat was more effective at scaring than the actual combat itself. It also found that the ability do dispatch more than one enemy at a time lessened the tension.
Having to repeat a section too often also reduces the tension for the simple reason that gamers will get frustrated with a section that is too difficult.
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2