Dead Space 2 voted the scariest game on the Xbox 360
A study conducted by Vertical Slice has crowned Visceral's Dead Space 2 as the scariest game on the Xbox 360 and yielded some interesting bits of information about scary games.
Most would agree that Dead Space 2 is indeed the scariest game around at the moment the study also highlighted some interesting insights into what makes a game scary.
One of the most curious bits of information offered up by the study found that the threat of combat was more effective at scaring than the actual combat itself. It also found that the ability do dispatch more than one enemy at a time lessened the tension.
Having to repeat a section too often also reduces the tension for the simple reason that gamers will get frustrated with a section that is too difficult.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3