Dead Space 2 voted the scariest game on the Xbox 360
A study conducted by Vertical Slice has crowned Visceral's Dead Space 2 as the scariest game on the Xbox 360 and yielded some interesting bits of information about scary games.
Most would agree that Dead Space 2 is indeed the scariest game around at the moment the study also highlighted some interesting insights into what makes a game scary.
One of the most curious bits of information offered up by the study found that the threat of combat was more effective at scaring than the actual combat itself. It also found that the ability do dispatch more than one enemy at a time lessened the tension.
Having to repeat a section too often also reduces the tension for the simple reason that gamers will get frustrated with a section that is too difficult.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto