Dead Space 2 voted the scariest game on the Xbox 360
A study conducted by Vertical Slice has crowned Visceral's Dead Space 2 as the scariest game on the Xbox 360 and yielded some interesting bits of information about scary games.
Most would agree that Dead Space 2 is indeed the scariest game around at the moment the study also highlighted some interesting insights into what makes a game scary.
One of the most curious bits of information offered up by the study found that the threat of combat was more effective at scaring than the actual combat itself. It also found that the ability do dispatch more than one enemy at a time lessened the tension.
Having to repeat a section too often also reduces the tension for the simple reason that gamers will get frustrated with a section that is too difficult.
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2