Dead Space 2 voted the scariest game on the Xbox 360
A study conducted by Vertical Slice has crowned Visceral's Dead Space 2 as the scariest game on the Xbox 360 and yielded some interesting bits of information about scary games.
Most would agree that Dead Space 2 is indeed the scariest game around at the moment the study also highlighted some interesting insights into what makes a game scary.
One of the most curious bits of information offered up by the study found that the threat of combat was more effective at scaring than the actual combat itself. It also found that the ability do dispatch more than one enemy at a time lessened the tension.
Having to repeat a section too often also reduces the tension for the simple reason that gamers will get frustrated with a section that is too difficult.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3