David Coulthard beats Gran Turismo gamers
In a thrilling competition, David Coulthard beat Gran Turismo gamers in a time trial contest around the Top Gear Dunsfold track.
The former Formula One driver took to the real track in a 6.3l Mercedes SLS AMG clocking a time of 1 min 16.32 secs with 24 competition winners racing the same track in the same car on Gran Turismo 5 at Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands in Surrey.
The fastest time of the GT5 racers was 1 min 16.868 secs recorded by Jason Birt still half a second shy of the former Red Bull, Mclaren and Williams driver. For his efforts Birt won a trip for two to this year's Brazilian Grand Prix courtesy of Mercedes-Benz.
The new seasonal virtual vs live event is still open for GT5 drivers to try and beat David Coulthard's time until the 26th of September.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter