David Coulthard beats Gran Turismo gamers
In a thrilling competition, David Coulthard beat Gran Turismo gamers in a time trial contest around the Top Gear Dunsfold track.
The former Formula One driver took to the real track in a 6.3l Mercedes SLS AMG clocking a time of 1 min 16.32 secs with 24 competition winners racing the same track in the same car on Gran Turismo 5 at Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands in Surrey.
The fastest time of the GT5 racers was 1 min 16.868 secs recorded by Jason Birt still half a second shy of the former Red Bull, Mclaren and Williams driver. For his efforts Birt won a trip for two to this year's Brazilian Grand Prix courtesy of Mercedes-Benz.
The new seasonal virtual vs live event is still open for GT5 drivers to try and beat David Coulthard's time until the 26th of September.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO