David Coulthard beats Gran Turismo gamers
In a thrilling competition, David Coulthard beat Gran Turismo gamers in a time trial contest around the Top Gear Dunsfold track.
The former Formula One driver took to the real track in a 6.3l Mercedes SLS AMG clocking a time of 1 min 16.32 secs with 24 competition winners racing the same track in the same car on Gran Turismo 5 at Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands in Surrey.
The fastest time of the GT5 racers was 1 min 16.868 secs recorded by Jason Birt still half a second shy of the former Red Bull, Mclaren and Williams driver. For his efforts Birt won a trip for two to this year's Brazilian Grand Prix courtesy of Mercedes-Benz.
The new seasonal virtual vs live event is still open for GT5 drivers to try and beat David Coulthard's time until the 26th of September.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3