David Coulthard beats Gran Turismo gamers
In a thrilling competition, David Coulthard beat Gran Turismo gamers in a time trial contest around the Top Gear Dunsfold track.
The former Formula One driver took to the real track in a 6.3l Mercedes SLS AMG clocking a time of 1 min 16.32 secs with 24 competition winners racing the same track in the same car on Gran Turismo 5 at Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands in Surrey.
The fastest time of the GT5 racers was 1 min 16.868 secs recorded by Jason Birt still half a second shy of the former Red Bull, Mclaren and Williams driver. For his efforts Birt won a trip for two to this year's Brazilian Grand Prix courtesy of Mercedes-Benz.
The new seasonal virtual vs live event is still open for GT5 drivers to try and beat David Coulthard's time until the 26th of September.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year