David Coulthard beats Gran Turismo gamers
In a thrilling competition, David Coulthard beat Gran Turismo gamers in a time trial contest around the Top Gear Dunsfold track.
The former Formula One driver took to the real track in a 6.3l Mercedes SLS AMG clocking a time of 1 min 16.32 secs with 24 competition winners racing the same track in the same car on Gran Turismo 5 at Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands in Surrey.
The fastest time of the GT5 racers was 1 min 16.868 secs recorded by Jason Birt still half a second shy of the former Red Bull, Mclaren and Williams driver. For his efforts Birt won a trip for two to this year's Brazilian Grand Prix courtesy of Mercedes-Benz.
The new seasonal virtual vs live event is still open for GT5 drivers to try and beat David Coulthard's time until the 26th of September.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below