Crysis confirmed for the Xbox 360 and PS3 as a download
EA has confirmed that the game that the consoles couldn't handle will now be coming to the consoles.
The power-hungry Crysis will be coming to PSN and Xbox Live Arcade fully remastered using CryEngine 3 making it much more hardware friendly for the consoles.
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli said: "We are extremely proud of what we were able to accomplish with Crysis. We set out to create a next-generation FPS and delivered a PC experience that became a benchmark for quality and still is for many gamers even four years later. By bringing the single-player campaign to console, we believe we are again setting a new standard for quality in downloadable gaming."
Crysis will almost certainly be the most visually impressive downloadable title when it hits XBLA and PSN this October for 1600 MS Points or 15.99 GBP respectively.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release