Crysis confirmed for the Xbox 360 and PS3 as a download
EA has confirmed that the game that the consoles couldn't handle will now be coming to the consoles.
The power-hungry Crysis will be coming to PSN and Xbox Live Arcade fully remastered using CryEngine 3 making it much more hardware friendly for the consoles.
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli said: "We are extremely proud of what we were able to accomplish with Crysis. We set out to create a next-generation FPS and delivered a PC experience that became a benchmark for quality and still is for many gamers even four years later. By bringing the single-player campaign to console, we believe we are again setting a new standard for quality in downloadable gaming."
Crysis will almost certainly be the most visually impressive downloadable title when it hits XBLA and PSN this October for 1600 MS Points or 15.99 GBP respectively.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer