Max Payne 3 could cost as much as 105 million USD to make
One analyst has estimated that Rockstar's next big release, Max Payne 3 could cost have cost as much as 105 million USD to develop.
Arvind Bhatia, analyst for Sterne Agee, reckons that Max Payne 3 may require a huge showing at retail to break even.
Bhatia began: "Life-to-date, the Max Payne franchise has sold through 7M units between the two prior versions - Max Payne and Max Payne 2. We think the latest iteration, Max Payne 3, has greater potential for success than either of the two prior versions."
"Although the break-even unit level for Max Payne 3 is likely high - probably in the 4M units range - due to its long development time, we think the title is highly anticipated and has potential for upside surprise," he added positively.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side