Max Payne 3 could cost as much as 105 million USD to make
One analyst has estimated that Rockstar's next big release, Max Payne 3 could cost have cost as much as 105 million USD to develop.
Arvind Bhatia, analyst for Sterne Agee, reckons that Max Payne 3 may require a huge showing at retail to break even.
Bhatia began: "Life-to-date, the Max Payne franchise has sold through 7M units between the two prior versions - Max Payne and Max Payne 2. We think the latest iteration, Max Payne 3, has greater potential for success than either of the two prior versions."
"Although the break-even unit level for Max Payne 3 is likely high - probably in the 4M units range - due to its long development time, we think the title is highly anticipated and has potential for upside surprise," he added positively.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch