Max Payne 3 could cost as much as 105 million USD to make
One analyst has estimated that Rockstar's next big release, Max Payne 3 could cost have cost as much as 105 million USD to develop.
Arvind Bhatia, analyst for Sterne Agee, reckons that Max Payne 3 may require a huge showing at retail to break even.
Bhatia began: "Life-to-date, the Max Payne franchise has sold through 7M units between the two prior versions - Max Payne and Max Payne 2. We think the latest iteration, Max Payne 3, has greater potential for success than either of the two prior versions."
"Although the break-even unit level for Max Payne 3 is likely high - probably in the 4M units range - due to its long development time, we think the title is highly anticipated and has potential for upside surprise," he added positively.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer