Max Payne 3 could cost as much as 105 million USD to make
One analyst has estimated that Rockstar's next big release, Max Payne 3 could cost have cost as much as 105 million USD to develop.
Arvind Bhatia, analyst for Sterne Agee, reckons that Max Payne 3 may require a huge showing at retail to break even.
Bhatia began: "Life-to-date, the Max Payne franchise has sold through 7M units between the two prior versions - Max Payne and Max Payne 2. We think the latest iteration, Max Payne 3, has greater potential for success than either of the two prior versions."
"Although the break-even unit level for Max Payne 3 is likely high - probably in the 4M units range - due to its long development time, we think the title is highly anticipated and has potential for upside surprise," he added positively.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title