Max Payne 3 could cost as much as 105 million USD to make
One analyst has estimated that Rockstar's next big release, Max Payne 3 could cost have cost as much as 105 million USD to develop.
Arvind Bhatia, analyst for Sterne Agee, reckons that Max Payne 3 may require a huge showing at retail to break even.
Bhatia began: "Life-to-date, the Max Payne franchise has sold through 7M units between the two prior versions - Max Payne and Max Payne 2. We think the latest iteration, Max Payne 3, has greater potential for success than either of the two prior versions."
"Although the break-even unit level for Max Payne 3 is likely high - probably in the 4M units range - due to its long development time, we think the title is highly anticipated and has potential for upside surprise," he added positively.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3