Xbox 360 may have a significant lead but games are still better on PS3 says Sony
Sony has conceded that the Xbox 360 still has a significant lead over the PlayStation 3 but they insist their home console is the better piece of hardware.
Sony Computer Entertainment America's Rob Dyer explained that they may be selling 1.6 360s for every PS3 but, when that is factored in the software sales are pretty much one on one.
He began: "If you look at the index ratio and see that where they might have this massive lead on the hardware side, the people that are buying software, when the software growth is happening, its happening on the PS3."
Dyer elaborated using Mortal Kombat as a main example: "If you have a choice between buying a PS3 version and an Xbox version of Mortal Kombat, which one are you buying? Youre buying the PS3 version because you can play as Kratos. Although Microsoft has a 1.6 to 1 index ratio against us [on hardware], we outsold them on Mortal Kombat nearly at a 1 to 1. So that is due in large part to the exclusive content that youre getting on disc. Youll see that happening on almost every case where weve had a game that theyve supported with on disc content or with exclusive DLC."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny