Xbox 360 may have a significant lead but games are still better on PS3 says Sony
Sony has conceded that the Xbox 360 still has a significant lead over the PlayStation 3 but they insist their home console is the better piece of hardware.
Sony Computer Entertainment America's Rob Dyer explained that they may be selling 1.6 360s for every PS3 but, when that is factored in the software sales are pretty much one on one.
He began: "If you look at the index ratio and see that where they might have this massive lead on the hardware side, the people that are buying software, when the software growth is happening, its happening on the PS3."
Dyer elaborated using Mortal Kombat as a main example: "If you have a choice between buying a PS3 version and an Xbox version of Mortal Kombat, which one are you buying? Youre buying the PS3 version because you can play as Kratos. Although Microsoft has a 1.6 to 1 index ratio against us [on hardware], we outsold them on Mortal Kombat nearly at a 1 to 1. So that is due in large part to the exclusive content that youre getting on disc. Youll see that happening on almost every case where weve had a game that theyve supported with on disc content or with exclusive DLC."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto