Star Wars: The Old Republic European beta delayed
EA has cancelled the weekend beta events for Star Wars: The Old Republic in Europe all through September.
The main reason for the beta events being cancelled is that BioWare are rolling out a new build of the game which won't be ready for the weekend and will need internal testing before it is approved for beta testing.
Community manager Stephen Reid explained on the official forums: "The weekend that just finished was really our first dry run of beta testing weekends as a whole, and we have plenty of data to crunch, and decisions to make before we start things up again. Further to that, we are about to roll out a major new build for The Old Republic. That build won't be ready for this weekend. Just as we did not feel it was a good decision to ask potential EU testers to download our client only to have to download it again, the same applies for this weekend."
He added: "That process takes a while, and that time varies depending on how testing goes. We rolled out this previous weekend as a relatively small scale event; from now we will do bigger and bigger events, but that doesn't mean it happens every weekend. When we do resume, well be inviting many more people in."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today