Star Wars: The Old Republic European beta delayed
EA has cancelled the weekend beta events for Star Wars: The Old Republic in Europe all through September.
The main reason for the beta events being cancelled is that BioWare are rolling out a new build of the game which won't be ready for the weekend and will need internal testing before it is approved for beta testing.
Community manager Stephen Reid explained on the official forums: "The weekend that just finished was really our first dry run of beta testing weekends as a whole, and we have plenty of data to crunch, and decisions to make before we start things up again. Further to that, we are about to roll out a major new build for The Old Republic. That build won't be ready for this weekend. Just as we did not feel it was a good decision to ask potential EU testers to download our client only to have to download it again, the same applies for this weekend."
He added: "That process takes a while, and that time varies depending on how testing goes. We rolled out this previous weekend as a relatively small scale event; from now we will do bigger and bigger events, but that doesn't mean it happens every weekend. When we do resume, well be inviting many more people in."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer