Star Wars: The Old Republic European beta delayed
EA has cancelled the weekend beta events for Star Wars: The Old Republic in Europe all through September.
The main reason for the beta events being cancelled is that BioWare are rolling out a new build of the game which won't be ready for the weekend and will need internal testing before it is approved for beta testing.
Community manager Stephen Reid explained on the official forums: "The weekend that just finished was really our first dry run of beta testing weekends as a whole, and we have plenty of data to crunch, and decisions to make before we start things up again. Further to that, we are about to roll out a major new build for The Old Republic. That build won't be ready for this weekend. Just as we did not feel it was a good decision to ask potential EU testers to download our client only to have to download it again, the same applies for this weekend."
He added: "That process takes a while, and that time varies depending on how testing goes. We rolled out this previous weekend as a relatively small scale event; from now we will do bigger and bigger events, but that doesn't mean it happens every weekend. When we do resume, well be inviting many more people in."
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users