3DS to get an extra thumbstick add-on
Nintendo has revealed an add-on for the 3DS which will give it a second analog thumbstick and shoulder buttons.
The add-on, which seems to clip onto the bottom of the 3DS will enable developers to produce titles that can use traditional twin stick control schemes.
It seems to be dubbed the Expansion Slide Pad. It is deeper than the 3DS and will incorporate a right thumbstick which is slightly smaller than the main left thumb stick on the 3DS as well as an extra set of shoulder buttons.
Nintendo UK told Edge Online: "We can confirm that Nintendo does plan to release the attachment but that any further announcements on the attachment will be made at some later time by Nintendo."
There is a Nintendo event scheduled for September the 13th so hopefully we will fid out more then.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015