3DS to get an extra thumbstick add-on
Nintendo has revealed an add-on for the 3DS which will give it a second analog thumbstick and shoulder buttons.
The add-on, which seems to clip onto the bottom of the 3DS will enable developers to produce titles that can use traditional twin stick control schemes.
It seems to be dubbed the Expansion Slide Pad. It is deeper than the 3DS and will incorporate a right thumbstick which is slightly smaller than the main left thumb stick on the 3DS as well as an extra set of shoulder buttons.
Nintendo UK told Edge Online: "We can confirm that Nintendo does plan to release the attachment but that any further announcements on the attachment will be made at some later time by Nintendo."
There is a Nintendo event scheduled for September the 13th so hopefully we will fid out more then.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year