3DS to get an extra thumbstick add-on
Nintendo has revealed an add-on for the 3DS which will give it a second analog thumbstick and shoulder buttons.
The add-on, which seems to clip onto the bottom of the 3DS will enable developers to produce titles that can use traditional twin stick control schemes.
It seems to be dubbed the Expansion Slide Pad. It is deeper than the 3DS and will incorporate a right thumbstick which is slightly smaller than the main left thumb stick on the 3DS as well as an extra set of shoulder buttons.
Nintendo UK told Edge Online: "We can confirm that Nintendo does plan to release the attachment but that any further announcements on the attachment will be made at some later time by Nintendo."
There is a Nintendo event scheduled for September the 13th so hopefully we will fid out more then.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching