3DS to get an extra thumbstick add-on
Nintendo has revealed an add-on for the 3DS which will give it a second analog thumbstick and shoulder buttons.
The add-on, which seems to clip onto the bottom of the 3DS will enable developers to produce titles that can use traditional twin stick control schemes.
It seems to be dubbed the Expansion Slide Pad. It is deeper than the 3DS and will incorporate a right thumbstick which is slightly smaller than the main left thumb stick on the 3DS as well as an extra set of shoulder buttons.
Nintendo UK told Edge Online: "We can confirm that Nintendo does plan to release the attachment but that any further announcements on the attachment will be made at some later time by Nintendo."
There is a Nintendo event scheduled for September the 13th so hopefully we will fid out more then.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced