3DS to get an extra thumbstick add-on
Nintendo has revealed an add-on for the 3DS which will give it a second analog thumbstick and shoulder buttons.
The add-on, which seems to clip onto the bottom of the 3DS will enable developers to produce titles that can use traditional twin stick control schemes.
It seems to be dubbed the Expansion Slide Pad. It is deeper than the 3DS and will incorporate a right thumbstick which is slightly smaller than the main left thumb stick on the 3DS as well as an extra set of shoulder buttons.
Nintendo UK told Edge Online: "We can confirm that Nintendo does plan to release the attachment but that any further announcements on the attachment will be made at some later time by Nintendo."
There is a Nintendo event scheduled for September the 13th so hopefully we will fid out more then.
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer