Richard Garriott wants to make more Ultima with EA
Richard "Lord British" Garriott has signalled an interest in returning to work on the Ultima RPG series he created again.
The game's industry's first astronaut has said that he would love to be involved with the series again.
Garriott said on the possibility of working with EA again: "We would be open to that. In fact, we've had some discussions at what I'll call very high levels, but the individuals who are currently shepherding the property don't seem to be particularly interested in that, so we'll see. Who knows? You never know what's going to happen in the future... the doors always open if they were ever interested."
EA are also resurrecting the the name of the company that Garriott co-founded with his brother back in 1983 with his blessing for use on their new digital distribution platform, Origin.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like