Richard Garriott wants to make more Ultima with EA
Richard "Lord British" Garriott has signalled an interest in returning to work on the Ultima RPG series he created again.
The game's industry's first astronaut has said that he would love to be involved with the series again.
Garriott said on the possibility of working with EA again: "We would be open to that. In fact, we've had some discussions at what I'll call very high levels, but the individuals who are currently shepherding the property don't seem to be particularly interested in that, so we'll see. Who knows? You never know what's going to happen in the future... the doors always open if they were ever interested."
EA are also resurrecting the the name of the company that Garriott co-founded with his brother back in 1983 with his blessing for use on their new digital distribution platform, Origin.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3