Deus Ex: Human Revoltion was meant to have more city hubs
Eidos Montreal has revealed that they had intended to have many more city hubs in Deus Ex: Human Revolution that appeared in the finished version.
The game's lead designer Frank Lapikas confessed that they had planned at least three more city hubs including a section for Upper Heng Sha as well as the city's lower area.
He said: "We had planned for a lot more city hubs. Montreal was supposed to be one. Upper Heng Sha was actually built, but it was never finished."
"At the beginning of the project we even planned to go to India,"Lapikas added. "But as we constructed the city hubs, and understood the amount of work it took, we had to pare it down."
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is out on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 and is currently topping the all-format sales charts in the UK.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3