Yakuza creator opens new studio dedicated to the series, announced Yakuza 5
Toshihiro Nagoshi, the man behind the SEGA's Yakzua organised crime adventure series, has opened a new studio specifically to work on the Yakuza series.
In announcing the new studio, Nagoshi-san also revealed that they are working on Yakuza 5 and also a second PSP title due at the beginning of next year which follows on from Black Panther: Yakuza Chapter which was only released in Japan.
The new studio consists primarily of staff who have been working on the Yakuza series for SEGA up until now.
The most recent release in the series was a zombie spinoff called Yakuza: Of The End which has performed very well in Japan. SEGA also pledged to donate profits from the title to the relief effort for the tsunami. It is unclear at this point whether Yakuza: Of The End will see a Western release.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone