Yakuza creator opens new studio dedicated to the series, announced Yakuza 5
Toshihiro Nagoshi, the man behind the SEGA's Yakzua organised crime adventure series, has opened a new studio specifically to work on the Yakuza series.
In announcing the new studio, Nagoshi-san also revealed that they are working on Yakuza 5 and also a second PSP title due at the beginning of next year which follows on from Black Panther: Yakuza Chapter which was only released in Japan.
The new studio consists primarily of staff who have been working on the Yakuza series for SEGA up until now.
The most recent release in the series was a zombie spinoff called Yakuza: Of The End which has performed very well in Japan. SEGA also pledged to donate profits from the title to the relief effort for the tsunami. It is unclear at this point whether Yakuza: Of The End will see a Western release.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3