Yakuza creator opens new studio dedicated to the series, announced Yakuza 5
Toshihiro Nagoshi, the man behind the SEGA's Yakzua organised crime adventure series, has opened a new studio specifically to work on the Yakuza series.
In announcing the new studio, Nagoshi-san also revealed that they are working on Yakuza 5 and also a second PSP title due at the beginning of next year which follows on from Black Panther: Yakuza Chapter which was only released in Japan.
The new studio consists primarily of staff who have been working on the Yakuza series for SEGA up until now.
The most recent release in the series was a zombie spinoff called Yakuza: Of The End which has performed very well in Japan. SEGA also pledged to donate profits from the title to the relief effort for the tsunami. It is unclear at this point whether Yakuza: Of The End will see a Western release.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch