Battlefield 3 single player story not competing with Modern Warfare 3 says DICE
DICE's David Goldfarb, lead designer on Battlefield 3 has been talking about the single player aspects of their new shooter and has promised that they will not try to compete with Modern Warfare 3 in the storyline stakes.
While the Modern Warfare games have slipped into a very ridiculous over-blown Michael Bay storyline, Goldfarb has assured Battlefield afficionados that Battlefield 3's storyline will be a much more realistic and believable one.
Goldfarb said reassuringly: "It's not about the competition. You're always aware of what other people are doing, but I know I feel that when we made this game, theres a certain point at which it becomes unbelievable. I think it's really important for myself and for others to keep it within that place where it feels current and plausible, and to me theres a very fine balance. We need to make it feel as though you could read a paper and feel this could have happened. Thats what's actually informing the requirements of the story: even if it is ridiculous, would you buy it in a credibility sense? That's been a big part of why weve done stuff. And it has been very different in that way."
Battlefield 3 will get the jump on Modern Warfare 3, releasing on October the 28th on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon