Players to vote for the cover fighter on UFC Undisputed 3
THQ has announced that they will be holding a vote to decide which fighter will appear on the cover of the next UFC title.
The fight to appear on the cover is to be decided between all the current UFC championship belt holders. This includes lightweight champion Frankie Edgar, welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, middleweight champ Anderson Silva, light heavyweight belt-holder Jon Jones and heavyweight champion Cain velasquez.
THQ's Danny Bilson enthused: "Letting fans vote for the UFC Undisputed 3 cover athlete is a unique way for us to connect with our extensive worldwide audience of UFC fans, fighting game enthusiasts and more casual sports followers,. We look forward to seeing if Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Georges St-Pierre or Cain Velasquez has what it takes to grace the cover of what will be the most invigorating MMA videogame release to date."
"We are excited to let fans choose the cover athlete for UFC Undisputed 3," added UFC President Dana White. "Frankie, Georges, Anderson, Jon, and Cain are five of the most popular athletes in our sport and each wants to be on the cover. We love making our fans a part of the process and we'll leave this one up to them."
Voting will take place on the official UFC Undisputed website, with the game due to arrive on PS3 and Xbox 360 this coming January.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date