Square Enix to publish Portal creator's Quantum Conundrum
Square Enix has announced that they will be publishing the new game being made by Portal co-creator Kim Swift.
Quantum Conundrum is a new downloadable first-person puzzle-platformer from Airtight Games. It follows the adventures of a young boy as he explores his uncle, eccentric inventor Professor Fitz Quadwrangle's mansion, solving puzzles along the way with the Professor's new invention, the InterDimensional Shift Device.
The device allows the player to warp the environment into different dimensions allowing the boy top solve the various problems the mansion presents and the boy searches for his uncle.
Kim Swift, creative director at Airtight Games said: "We wanted to create a fun, quirky puzzle game that anyone would want to play, regardless of age or gaming experience. I've been working with an amazing and collaborative team on this project and look forward to coming into the office every day to hear new ideas, see what everyone has created, and dive in on my own pieces of the game. We've created something that we're all extremely proud of and hope that people will enjoy playing it as much as we are making it."
Quantum Conundrum will launch in the first quarter of 2012 on Steam, PSN and XBLA.
- Windows 10 will launch at the end of next month
- The new King's Quest trailer looks at the making of the game's music
- Microsoft teases the world premiere of Rise Of The Tomb Raider's gameplay at E3 this month
- XCOM 2 coming to PC this November
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th