Square Enix to publish Portal creator's Quantum Conundrum
Square Enix has announced that they will be publishing the new game being made by Portal co-creator Kim Swift.
Quantum Conundrum is a new downloadable first-person puzzle-platformer from Airtight Games. It follows the adventures of a young boy as he explores his uncle, eccentric inventor Professor Fitz Quadwrangle's mansion, solving puzzles along the way with the Professor's new invention, the InterDimensional Shift Device.
The device allows the player to warp the environment into different dimensions allowing the boy top solve the various problems the mansion presents and the boy searches for his uncle.
Kim Swift, creative director at Airtight Games said: "We wanted to create a fun, quirky puzzle game that anyone would want to play, regardless of age or gaming experience. I've been working with an amazing and collaborative team on this project and look forward to coming into the office every day to hear new ideas, see what everyone has created, and dive in on my own pieces of the game. We've created something that we're all extremely proud of and hope that people will enjoy playing it as much as we are making it."
Quantum Conundrum will launch in the first quarter of 2012 on Steam, PSN and XBLA.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015