No Porsches for Forza 4
Forza 4 will not feature any official Porsche vehicles as EA has refused to extend the license to Turn 10.
Turn 10's Brian Ekberg explained that, despite 18 months of hard negotiating, EA has decided to retain exclusive rights to the use of Porsches.
Ekberg explained on the Forza Motorsport official blog: "EA couldn't see their way towards collaborating again. We've asked our contacts at EA to reconsider their position frequently and regularly over the last 18 months. We also reached out to various influential people in gaming to lobby on our behalf, and on your behalf, but that was to no avail."
Turn 10 holds the license fro Ferrari and Ekberg added:"We've always found that we just weren't willing to block other racing games from having Ferraris outright, as we believed that this would do nothing but hurt the racing ecosystem."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer