No Porsches for Forza 4
Forza 4 will not feature any official Porsche vehicles as EA has refused to extend the license to Turn 10.
Turn 10's Brian Ekberg explained that, despite 18 months of hard negotiating, EA has decided to retain exclusive rights to the use of Porsches.
Ekberg explained on the Forza Motorsport official blog: "EA couldn't see their way towards collaborating again. We've asked our contacts at EA to reconsider their position frequently and regularly over the last 18 months. We also reached out to various influential people in gaming to lobby on our behalf, and on your behalf, but that was to no avail."
Turn 10 holds the license fro Ferrari and Ekberg added:"We've always found that we just weren't willing to block other racing games from having Ferraris outright, as we believed that this would do nothing but hurt the racing ecosystem."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3