PS Vita better equipped to succeed than the 3DS says EA
EA seems to be convinced that they PlayStation Vita has far more potential for success than Nintendo's 3DS.
The new boss of EA Labels Frank Gibeau believes that the features Sony has built into their new handheld are more attractive to smartphone users than those in the 3DS.
He began: "I think [Sony has] got a shot because they have some really unique innovation in the control scheme, the technology and the screen. It's got a lot of social features now so that you can actually communicate with our friends and be social. You can't ring them up by putting the device up to your ear but in general I think they've got most of the capabilities that you'd find in a smartphone, with some unique capabilities that make them stand out."
"I don't think they're quite in the same boat as the 3DS..." Gibeau continued "the 3DS was a really interesting piece of technology but I think there was some confusion over it and the title slate was a little different. I think Vita has a better chance because it has a stronger title slate at launch. PSP has had a great run in Europe as a device; it seems to have reached a much larger audience here than it did in North America."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update