PS Vita better equipped to succeed than the 3DS says EA
EA seems to be convinced that they PlayStation Vita has far more potential for success than Nintendo's 3DS.
The new boss of EA Labels Frank Gibeau believes that the features Sony has built into their new handheld are more attractive to smartphone users than those in the 3DS.
He began: "I think [Sony has] got a shot because they have some really unique innovation in the control scheme, the technology and the screen. It's got a lot of social features now so that you can actually communicate with our friends and be social. You can't ring them up by putting the device up to your ear but in general I think they've got most of the capabilities that you'd find in a smartphone, with some unique capabilities that make them stand out."
"I don't think they're quite in the same boat as the 3DS..." Gibeau continued "the 3DS was a really interesting piece of technology but I think there was some confusion over it and the title slate was a little different. I think Vita has a better chance because it has a stronger title slate at launch. PSP has had a great run in Europe as a device; it seems to have reached a much larger audience here than it did in North America."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto