PS Vita better equipped to succeed than the 3DS says EA
EA seems to be convinced that they PlayStation Vita has far more potential for success than Nintendo's 3DS.
The new boss of EA Labels Frank Gibeau believes that the features Sony has built into their new handheld are more attractive to smartphone users than those in the 3DS.
He began: "I think [Sony has] got a shot because they have some really unique innovation in the control scheme, the technology and the screen. It's got a lot of social features now so that you can actually communicate with our friends and be social. You can't ring them up by putting the device up to your ear but in general I think they've got most of the capabilities that you'd find in a smartphone, with some unique capabilities that make them stand out."
"I don't think they're quite in the same boat as the 3DS..." Gibeau continued "the 3DS was a really interesting piece of technology but I think there was some confusion over it and the title slate was a little different. I think Vita has a better chance because it has a stronger title slate at launch. PSP has had a great run in Europe as a device; it seems to have reached a much larger audience here than it did in North America."
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree