Deus Ex: Human Revolution hails the end of the summer games drought
This week sees the release of the first big blockbuster game of the Christmas build-up.
Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex: Human Revolution begins the crescendo of games releases the culminates in November with a ridiculous volume of triple-A titles inclucing Modern Warfare 3, Assassin's Creed Revolution, Need for Speed: The Run and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
September sees the release of platform exclusives like Resistance 3 and Gears of War 3 and October features the return of id with their brand new IP Rage and the the beginning of the miltary FPS war with Battlefield 3.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is also expected before Christmas and there's even an outsiude chance of Diablo III finally arriving too. All in all an exciting time of year for gaming.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3