Sony shooting for mixed-platform play with the PS3 and PS Vita
Sony is aiming to get gamers enjoying a more seamless gaming experience between portable gaming on the PS Vita and PS3.
Shuhei Yoshida focused on Ruin, the title they showed off at E3 which allows players to save games to the cloud and continue playing either on the PS3 or the PS Vita. He added that the it was perfectly feasible for PS3 and PS Vita versions of the same game to be bundled together in to create a continuous experience between the two platforms.
He explained: "One of the games we're making, called Ruin, we are developing both the Vita version and the PS3 version of that title. Both games will be packaged together. You can play the game at home on PS3, save your data on our PSN server on the cloud, and you can continue playing the game on PS Vita by downloading the save from the PSN. And you can do vice versa. It's a continuous experience, playing the same game on PS Vita and PS3."
Ruin will be the first game to offer this kind of mixed-platform experience and Yoshida-san promised that there will be more to come.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light