SEGA reveals Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
SEGA has revealed a new downloadable console release of in their popular fighting series Virtua Fighter.
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is a complete overhaul of their last big console release, Virtua Fighter 5 adding new dynamic arenas, two new fighters and new game modes.
Final Showdown will also feature new animations for the game's characters, improved game mechanics and a radical rebalancing of the fighting system.
All of this will be squeezed into a standalone downloadable title for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network which SEGA promises will arrive in the summer of 2012.
SEGA's Haruki Satomi said: "Virtua Fighter 5 has always been an authentic arcade fighter, even when played from the comfort of a home console. And, like any proper arcade dynasty, we've continued to support, expand and tweak the game in the years since its release. With VirtuaFighter 5 Final Showdown, we get to bring the ultimate expression of competitive one-on-one gaming to console players in one perfect package."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title