SEGA reveals Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
SEGA has revealed a new downloadable console release of in their popular fighting series Virtua Fighter.
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is a complete overhaul of their last big console release, Virtua Fighter 5 adding new dynamic arenas, two new fighters and new game modes.
Final Showdown will also feature new animations for the game's characters, improved game mechanics and a radical rebalancing of the fighting system.
All of this will be squeezed into a standalone downloadable title for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network which SEGA promises will arrive in the summer of 2012.
SEGA's Haruki Satomi said: "Virtua Fighter 5 has always been an authentic arcade fighter, even when played from the comfort of a home console. And, like any proper arcade dynasty, we've continued to support, expand and tweak the game in the years since its release. With VirtuaFighter 5 Final Showdown, we get to bring the ultimate expression of competitive one-on-one gaming to console players in one perfect package."
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold