SEGA reveals Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
SEGA has revealed a new downloadable console release of in their popular fighting series Virtua Fighter.
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is a complete overhaul of their last big console release, Virtua Fighter 5 adding new dynamic arenas, two new fighters and new game modes.
Final Showdown will also feature new animations for the game's characters, improved game mechanics and a radical rebalancing of the fighting system.
All of this will be squeezed into a standalone downloadable title for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network which SEGA promises will arrive in the summer of 2012.
SEGA's Haruki Satomi said: "Virtua Fighter 5 has always been an authentic arcade fighter, even when played from the comfort of a home console. And, like any proper arcade dynasty, we've continued to support, expand and tweak the game in the years since its release. With VirtuaFighter 5 Final Showdown, we get to bring the ultimate expression of competitive one-on-one gaming to console players in one perfect package."
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014