SEGA reveals Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
SEGA has revealed a new downloadable console release of in their popular fighting series Virtua Fighter.
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is a complete overhaul of their last big console release, Virtua Fighter 5 adding new dynamic arenas, two new fighters and new game modes.
Final Showdown will also feature new animations for the game's characters, improved game mechanics and a radical rebalancing of the fighting system.
All of this will be squeezed into a standalone downloadable title for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network which SEGA promises will arrive in the summer of 2012.
SEGA's Haruki Satomi said: "Virtua Fighter 5 has always been an authentic arcade fighter, even when played from the comfort of a home console. And, like any proper arcade dynasty, we've continued to support, expand and tweak the game in the years since its release. With VirtuaFighter 5 Final Showdown, we get to bring the ultimate expression of competitive one-on-one gaming to console players in one perfect package."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3