EA to limit copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic available on release
There may be a limited number of copies of EA BioWare's new Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic available at launch making a long wait even longer for some fans.
An unnamed EA BioWare representative explained that some MMOs have seen problems on release due to large numbers of gamers overloading the servers and hampering the gaming experience.
The rep revealed that, their strategy to combat this will be to limit the number of copies available to begin with both physically and digitally which should ensure that the game's servers will not be overloaded.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected to be released on PC before Christmas this year.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet