EA to limit copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic available on release
There may be a limited number of copies of EA BioWare's new Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic available at launch making a long wait even longer for some fans.
An unnamed EA BioWare representative explained that some MMOs have seen problems on release due to large numbers of gamers overloading the servers and hampering the gaming experience.
The rep revealed that, their strategy to combat this will be to limit the number of copies available to begin with both physically and digitally which should ensure that the game's servers will not be overloaded.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected to be released on PC before Christmas this year.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side