EA to limit copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic available on release
There may be a limited number of copies of EA BioWare's new Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic available at launch making a long wait even longer for some fans.
An unnamed EA BioWare representative explained that some MMOs have seen problems on release due to large numbers of gamers overloading the servers and hampering the gaming experience.
The rep revealed that, their strategy to combat this will be to limit the number of copies available to begin with both physically and digitally which should ensure that the game's servers will not be overloaded.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected to be released on PC before Christmas this year.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3