EA to limit copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic available on release
There may be a limited number of copies of EA BioWare's new Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic available at launch making a long wait even longer for some fans.
An unnamed EA BioWare representative explained that some MMOs have seen problems on release due to large numbers of gamers overloading the servers and hampering the gaming experience.
The rep revealed that, their strategy to combat this will be to limit the number of copies available to begin with both physically and digitally which should ensure that the game's servers will not be overloaded.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected to be released on PC before Christmas this year.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes