EA to limit copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic available on release
There may be a limited number of copies of EA BioWare's new Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic available at launch making a long wait even longer for some fans.
An unnamed EA BioWare representative explained that some MMOs have seen problems on release due to large numbers of gamers overloading the servers and hampering the gaming experience.
The rep revealed that, their strategy to combat this will be to limit the number of copies available to begin with both physically and digitally which should ensure that the game's servers will not be overloaded.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected to be released on PC before Christmas this year.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto