Ridley Scott consulting on Aliens: Colonial Marines
Gearbox has revealed that they have the director of the original Alien film, Ridley Scott consulting on Aliens: Colonial Marines.
The new FPS in the Alien series is also receiving constructive input from one of the designers on the original movie, Blade Runner and the original Tron film, Sid Mead.
Gearbox's Matt Power said: "We spoke with Ridley Scott, and Sid Mead, a designer on the movie and a futurist. [Sid Mead] designed the light cycle for Tron, and elements of Blade Runner and Aliens. We met with him and he pulled out bits of concept art for the film that he didn't use, and those environments appear in the game."
Powers continued: "We're really excited about going back to the plane LV-426, and to relive parts of the movie. But we also wanted to expand the canon with new stuff. We really wanted to make sure we got the aliens to move and act right before we showed the game."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year