Ridley Scott consulting on Aliens: Colonial Marines
Gearbox has revealed that they have the director of the original Alien film, Ridley Scott consulting on Aliens: Colonial Marines.
The new FPS in the Alien series is also receiving constructive input from one of the designers on the original movie, Blade Runner and the original Tron film, Sid Mead.
Gearbox's Matt Power said: "We spoke with Ridley Scott, and Sid Mead, a designer on the movie and a futurist. [Sid Mead] designed the light cycle for Tron, and elements of Blade Runner and Aliens. We met with him and he pulled out bits of concept art for the film that he didn't use, and those environments appear in the game."
Powers continued: "We're really excited about going back to the plane LV-426, and to relive parts of the movie. But we also wanted to expand the canon with new stuff. We really wanted to make sure we got the aliens to move and act right before we showed the game."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan