Blizzard definitely bringing Diablo III to consoles
Blizzard has confirmed that they are building a development team to bring their next dungeon crawler, Diablo III, to home consoles as well as PC and Mac.
Josh Mosquiera, one of the studio's lead designers explained that a console version of Diablo III is something that Blizzard is "very, very serious about".
He said: "Today, we're trying to build the best console team at Blizzard. We're looking for programmers, designers, artists who think their dream job would be to bring Diablo to the console. Trust me, it is a dream job."
Mike Morhaime, Blizzard boss, has said previously that they are hoping to have Diablo III ready for release on the PC and Mac by the end of the first quarter of next year with there being an outside chance that the game may even be out in time for Christmas.
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released