EA and Funcom to launch The Secret World next year, beta coming at the end of the month
EA has announced that they have partnered up with Age of Conan studio Funcom to deliver their latest MMO The Secret World.
The Secret Garden will see players explore real-world locations in a storyline that brings myths and legends such as vampires to lift and draws players into conspiracies that seek to control governments. It will launch fully in April of next year.
Ragnar Trnquist, senior producer and creative director said: "It has never been more rewarding working on The Secret World than it is now. The progress we are making in development allows the whole team to really enjoy just playing the game for hours on end. We are all looking forward to bringing in players through upcoming betas, and their feedback will be crucial to the further development of the game as we progress toward the April 2012 launch."
Funcom will begin beta-testing their new title on August the 26th and anyone interested in joning the beta can sign up on The Secret World's official website.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year