Epic to return to the PC
While they are hard at work on the next iteration of the Unreal Engine, Epic has promised that they will shift more of their focus back to the PC.
Mike Capps, president of Epic Games, told the GDC Europe this week that they will return to PC development after spending so much time on the Xbox 360 exclusive Gears of War series.
He said simply: "The PC has for too long been a port-to platform."
Capps also explained that they have five new titles in development alongside the Unreal Engine 4 that are not Gears of War games. Fingers crossed for a new Unreal Tournament.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer