Epic to return to the PC
While they are hard at work on the next iteration of the Unreal Engine, Epic has promised that they will shift more of their focus back to the PC.
Mike Capps, president of Epic Games, told the GDC Europe this week that they will return to PC development after spending so much time on the Xbox 360 exclusive Gears of War series.
He said simply: "The PC has for too long been a port-to platform."
Capps also explained that they have five new titles in development alongside the Unreal Engine 4 that are not Gears of War games. Fingers crossed for a new Unreal Tournament.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3