Bilson believes Homefront 2 will instil confidence in the series
THQ's Danny Bilson has been expressing his total confidence in the planned sequel for Homefront.
Bilson stated that they have some news coming on Homefront 2 that should "instil confidence" that it will make amends for the shortcomings of the first title.
The THQ core games boss began: "I knew some aspects of the game weren't 100 percent competitive with the best in class but there were other places where I thought it was better. The single-player should have been longer, and we kind of got wind of that too late to affect it. People were banging through it faster than we thought."
He continued: "But It was never really about that as a foremost thing; I was always really big on the multiplayer, which I think is a terrific game, but we had issues in our network code which gave us a very rough launch. That was incredibly disappointing to me. You'll never see us do a game without a live beta again. No matter what date we have to crush, as long as I'm here we won't put out an online-centric game without a live beta, so we can work out those bugs in advance."
THQ will be announcing a big new title this December and Homefront 2 is certainly a possibility.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014