Bilson believes Homefront 2 will instil confidence in the series
THQ's Danny Bilson has been expressing his total confidence in the planned sequel for Homefront.
Bilson stated that they have some news coming on Homefront 2 that should "instil confidence" that it will make amends for the shortcomings of the first title.
The THQ core games boss began: "I knew some aspects of the game weren't 100 percent competitive with the best in class but there were other places where I thought it was better. The single-player should have been longer, and we kind of got wind of that too late to affect it. People were banging through it faster than we thought."
He continued: "But It was never really about that as a foremost thing; I was always really big on the multiplayer, which I think is a terrific game, but we had issues in our network code which gave us a very rough launch. That was incredibly disappointing to me. You'll never see us do a game without a live beta again. No matter what date we have to crush, as long as I'm here we won't put out an online-centric game without a live beta, so we can work out those bugs in advance."
THQ will be announcing a big new title this December and Homefront 2 is certainly a possibility.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO