Rage to feature Steamworks on the PC
Bethesda has confirmed that they will be using Steamworks as the DRM for the PC version of id Software's newest FPS title, Rage.
They announced on the news on their offical Twitter feed saying: "Since folks are asking. We can confirm that Rage will use Steamworks on PC."
Sadly, Rage will not be following the example that Portal 2 has set in bringing Steamworks to PS3 offering some cross-platform multiplayer as it will only feature in the PC version of the game.
Rage will be out on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on October the 7th.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3