Over 800 new features coming in Football Manager 2012
Sports Interactive has promised a vast amount of new features in this season's edition of Football Manager.
Football Manager 2012 is to feature 800 additions and improvements and that's not counting the latest versions of the rules for the 50-plus leagues that will be playable in the game.
The major improvements include changes to the transfer and contracts system adding things like loyalty bonuses, better amateur and youth contracts and individually lockable areas of contracts in negotiations to help improve budget management.
There is a deeper scouting system including new squad analysis, tactical information and data on goals scored and conceded. This is just the tip of the iceberg on the scouting front too.
3D match views have been improved with extra cameras, more stadiums and new crowd and weather systems. There's also a new tone system for your team talks allowing you to inject some feeling before matches and at half time to get the lads fired up.
Miles Jacobson, Sports Interactive studio director said: "We're delighted to finally be able to start talking about Football Manager 2012. It's another year of evolution, with some revolution thrown in for good measure so we're pretty sure our dedicated communities, and hopefully lots of new people too, get to play and enjoy the game when it's released later in the year."
Football Manager 2012 will be out on PC and Mac in time for Christmas.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft