Gears of War 3 to have 3D support
Gears of War 3 will become the third Xbox 360 game to feature support for 3D TVs when it launches this September.
Epic's Rod Fergusson confirmed that they have been working on 3D support for Gears of War 3 but he added that it wouldn't run in full 720p. He also confirmed that Microsoft are improving the Xbox 360's ability to support 3D so that it will be able to handle 3D.
Fergusson said: "We asked, could we do it? It felt like something we wanted to have. It was a feature we didn't want to be deficient in. When you look at Gears 1, it was what people used to demo HD at the time. It's still fledgling technology. It's still a niche feature. But it was something we could support, so we felt, why not? I love the qualities it provides, the window into a world. That's what the 3D gives you. Having that depth of character, and being able to see that separation from the reticule and the creatures in the background it's a different experience but it's a really good one."
He added: "It's a little bit jaggier in certain areas. Instead of 720p you're at five something. It was something that came in really late in our process. It wasn't something where we said, OK, we're going to design the game from the ground up for 3D. It was more of a post-process 3D, where we're like, OK, certain things need to be adjusted, but for the most part it generally works."
Gears of War 3 is out on September the 20th.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey