Gears of War 3 to have 3D support
Gears of War 3 will become the third Xbox 360 game to feature support for 3D TVs when it launches this September.
Epic's Rod Fergusson confirmed that they have been working on 3D support for Gears of War 3 but he added that it wouldn't run in full 720p. He also confirmed that Microsoft are improving the Xbox 360's ability to support 3D so that it will be able to handle 3D.
Fergusson said: "We asked, could we do it? It felt like something we wanted to have. It was a feature we didn't want to be deficient in. When you look at Gears 1, it was what people used to demo HD at the time. It's still fledgling technology. It's still a niche feature. But it was something we could support, so we felt, why not? I love the qualities it provides, the window into a world. That's what the 3D gives you. Having that depth of character, and being able to see that separation from the reticule and the creatures in the background it's a different experience but it's a really good one."
He added: "It's a little bit jaggier in certain areas. Instead of 720p you're at five something. It was something that came in really late in our process. It wasn't something where we said, OK, we're going to design the game from the ground up for 3D. It was more of a post-process 3D, where we're like, OK, certain things need to be adjusted, but for the most part it generally works."
Gears of War 3 is out on September the 20th.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter