Eidos Crash 'n' Burn
UK developer Climax and UK publisher Eidos today announced a brand spanking new partnership which will see a brand new title heading to market in the shape of Crash 'n' Burn, a title which - as you may have guessed already - sounds remarkably like Burnout. This new arcade driving title, being developed in lovely Brighton, will be out on the PS2 and Xbox this Autumn.
Not only will Climax's latest be their publisher's first game to take advantage of console online features - supporting sixteen players - it will also be revealed fully at E3 next month stateside.
"We've been able to use the technology and expertise gained from driving games like the MotoGP series to allow us to focus strongly on gameplay, and we think the results are going to resonate with gamers," stated Climax MD Tony Beckwith. "The driving genre has become very predictable and conservative over recent years and creating a new brand has given us the opportunity to understand what made us love vehicle-based games in the first place."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3