Sony restricts more PSN features to PS Plus subscribers only
Sony has restricted more PS3 online functions to PlayStation Plus subscribers only with the latest firmware update.
The latest firmware update offers automatic Trophy synching and the ability to transfer saves to the cloud automatically but these features will only be available for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
This would seem to be a more concerted move by Sony to encourage PS3 owners to pay the PS Plus subscription in order to access more than just additional downloadable content.
The firmware update also adds improved streaming support, a new content recommendation system for the PlayStation Store and support for 3D Java content on blu-ray discs and 3D photographs.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny