Sony restricts more PSN features to PS Plus subscribers only
Sony has restricted more PS3 online functions to PlayStation Plus subscribers only with the latest firmware update.
The latest firmware update offers automatic Trophy synching and the ability to transfer saves to the cloud automatically but these features will only be available for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
This would seem to be a more concerted move by Sony to encourage PS3 owners to pay the PS Plus subscription in order to access more than just additional downloadable content.
The firmware update also adds improved streaming support, a new content recommendation system for the PlayStation Store and support for 3D Java content on blu-ray discs and 3D photographs.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3