Sony restricts more PSN features to PS Plus subscribers only
Sony has restricted more PS3 online functions to PlayStation Plus subscribers only with the latest firmware update.
The latest firmware update offers automatic Trophy synching and the ability to transfer saves to the cloud automatically but these features will only be available for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
This would seem to be a more concerted move by Sony to encourage PS3 owners to pay the PS Plus subscription in order to access more than just additional downloadable content.
The firmware update also adds improved streaming support, a new content recommendation system for the PlayStation Store and support for 3D Java content on blu-ray discs and 3D photographs.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year