Flame Red 3DS coming for Christmas in the US
Nintendo has revealed that the red 3DS that they showed off so much before they launched the device will be released this autumn in the US.
The new Flame Red 3DS will be released in North America alongside Star Fox 64 on September the 9th.
Armed with a new red model and a hefty price drop Nintendo are positioning the 3DS for a big showing this Christmas especially with the PS Vita only releasing in Japan due to supply problems.
Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime said: "Nintendo 3DS is poised to be on fire for the holidays, with its new suggested retail price, great games and our new Flame Red colour. With major upcoming releases in the Star Fox, Pokmon and Mario series, in addition to downloadable offerings from Nintendo eShop, Nintendo Video and Netflix, the system offers new and fun experiences to owners on a daily basis."
The 3DS price drop kicks in world wide on August the 12th with retailers watching each other to see just how low the price will actually drop.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3