Flame Red 3DS coming for Christmas in the US
Nintendo has revealed that the red 3DS that they showed off so much before they launched the device will be released this autumn in the US.
The new Flame Red 3DS will be released in North America alongside Star Fox 64 on September the 9th.
Armed with a new red model and a hefty price drop Nintendo are positioning the 3DS for a big showing this Christmas especially with the PS Vita only releasing in Japan due to supply problems.
Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime said: "Nintendo 3DS is poised to be on fire for the holidays, with its new suggested retail price, great games and our new Flame Red colour. With major upcoming releases in the Star Fox, Pokmon and Mario series, in addition to downloadable offerings from Nintendo eShop, Nintendo Video and Netflix, the system offers new and fun experiences to owners on a daily basis."
The 3DS price drop kicks in world wide on August the 12th with retailers watching each other to see just how low the price will actually drop.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side