Flame Red 3DS coming for Christmas in the US
Nintendo has revealed that the red 3DS that they showed off so much before they launched the device will be released this autumn in the US.
The new Flame Red 3DS will be released in North America alongside Star Fox 64 on September the 9th.
Armed with a new red model and a hefty price drop Nintendo are positioning the 3DS for a big showing this Christmas especially with the PS Vita only releasing in Japan due to supply problems.
Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime said: "Nintendo 3DS is poised to be on fire for the holidays, with its new suggested retail price, great games and our new Flame Red colour. With major upcoming releases in the Star Fox, Pokmon and Mario series, in addition to downloadable offerings from Nintendo eShop, Nintendo Video and Netflix, the system offers new and fun experiences to owners on a daily basis."
The 3DS price drop kicks in world wide on August the 12th with retailers watching each other to see just how low the price will actually drop.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One