Epic not sure about the point of another console generation
Epic's Mike Capps is not sure about the need for another generation of home consoles especially when we consider the speed of smartphone development.
With the Wii U out next year and rumours surrounding new hardware in the works Microsoft and Sony Capps raised questions about the need for another console generation.
He said: "I think the real challenge for us now is about how do we deal with iPhone 8. If you watch where the gamers are going that's where they are. Your iPhone 8 will probably plug into your TV, or better yet, wirelessly connect to your television set to give you that big screen gaming experience with good sound. So really, what's the point of those next-gen consoles?"
"It's a very interesting situation to be looking at. That's what we're starting to think about more, not how do we scale from some Nintendo platform to some other future console. If you look at the ridiculous acceleration of iPhone hardware and technology, trying to find a sweet spot for tech to make your mobile game."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer