Epic not sure about the point of another console generation
Epic's Mike Capps is not sure about the need for another generation of home consoles especially when we consider the speed of smartphone development.
With the Wii U out next year and rumours surrounding new hardware in the works Microsoft and Sony Capps raised questions about the need for another console generation.
He said: "I think the real challenge for us now is about how do we deal with iPhone 8. If you watch where the gamers are going that's where they are. Your iPhone 8 will probably plug into your TV, or better yet, wirelessly connect to your television set to give you that big screen gaming experience with good sound. So really, what's the point of those next-gen consoles?"
"It's a very interesting situation to be looking at. That's what we're starting to think about more, not how do we scale from some Nintendo platform to some other future console. If you look at the ridiculous acceleration of iPhone hardware and technology, trying to find a sweet spot for tech to make your mobile game."
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching