Epic not sure about the point of another console generation
Epic's Mike Capps is not sure about the need for another generation of home consoles especially when we consider the speed of smartphone development.
With the Wii U out next year and rumours surrounding new hardware in the works Microsoft and Sony Capps raised questions about the need for another console generation.
He said: "I think the real challenge for us now is about how do we deal with iPhone 8. If you watch where the gamers are going that's where they are. Your iPhone 8 will probably plug into your TV, or better yet, wirelessly connect to your television set to give you that big screen gaming experience with good sound. So really, what's the point of those next-gen consoles?"
"It's a very interesting situation to be looking at. That's what we're starting to think about more, not how do we scale from some Nintendo platform to some other future console. If you look at the ridiculous acceleration of iPhone hardware and technology, trying to find a sweet spot for tech to make your mobile game."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light