Epic not sure about the point of another console generation
Epic's Mike Capps is not sure about the need for another generation of home consoles especially when we consider the speed of smartphone development.
With the Wii U out next year and rumours surrounding new hardware in the works Microsoft and Sony Capps raised questions about the need for another console generation.
He said: "I think the real challenge for us now is about how do we deal with iPhone 8. If you watch where the gamers are going that's where they are. Your iPhone 8 will probably plug into your TV, or better yet, wirelessly connect to your television set to give you that big screen gaming experience with good sound. So really, what's the point of those next-gen consoles?"
"It's a very interesting situation to be looking at. That's what we're starting to think about more, not how do we scale from some Nintendo platform to some other future console. If you look at the ridiculous acceleration of iPhone hardware and technology, trying to find a sweet spot for tech to make your mobile game."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like