Epic not sure about the point of another console generation
Epic's Mike Capps is not sure about the need for another generation of home consoles especially when we consider the speed of smartphone development.
With the Wii U out next year and rumours surrounding new hardware in the works Microsoft and Sony Capps raised questions about the need for another console generation.
He said: "I think the real challenge for us now is about how do we deal with iPhone 8. If you watch where the gamers are going that's where they are. Your iPhone 8 will probably plug into your TV, or better yet, wirelessly connect to your television set to give you that big screen gaming experience with good sound. So really, what's the point of those next-gen consoles?"
"It's a very interesting situation to be looking at. That's what we're starting to think about more, not how do we scale from some Nintendo platform to some other future console. If you look at the ridiculous acceleration of iPhone hardware and technology, trying to find a sweet spot for tech to make your mobile game."
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May